advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

j.howies Guinea pig XLIF Surgery Wk. 4

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,743
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Report for week #4 : I just got back from my 35 min. walk. But I increased it to 40 min. and added some small hills. I have complete mobility. I haven't tried to tie shoes.
but as I'm fused now from L2, L3 all the way down, I don't know if that's ever going to happen. I got a full nights sleep last night, But I did take a lunesta because with the infection at scs, ipg site. Sleep has been a major problem! And that infection is 60% gone, with the keflex. I didn't wake up hurting and taking any meds. in the middle of the night. Before, it was 2 times during the night. And in addition I've cut back all meds 25%. And I am amazed that there is no withdrawal issue! And I totally cut out the oxycontin 20 mg. 1 every 12 hrs. about 2 weeks ago. I'm still on the original methadone regiment w/ the Hydrocodone. By the way the lunesta I took was from a trial the P.M. Dr. did in 0/6. It was left over cause I didn't like it that much. But it had expired on 11/17/07 so maybe it still worked after that and maybe not. All I care is I got a good nights sleep!
I still have pain in my feet. But I'm pretty sure when I had my nerve conduction test in 05, those were some of the nerves that had permanent damage. So they probably won't get any better. But when I'm 100% stable, recovered, and have completed my P.T. I'll have my S.C.S. reprogrammed, and maybe that will help.
The surgeon told me in the beginning, that he thought he could take my pain level from a 6 w/ meds. to a 3, w/ less meds. I'm very confident, that will happen. The only major hurdle I see now is the fusion growing to full growth.
As I see it now this XLIF surgery will be the GOLD STANDARED from this point forward! With the AXLIF ( If I got that right Graham ) Being right beside it! Of course, it is still a major surgery. But a much better one.
Looking back at my other surgeries. They really seem to be Barbaric! If your in need of surgery, I would definatly do the research. type either one in the search box at the top of this page, and start surfing!
Good luck, Jim :D

Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• Great news!You sound really upbeat!It sure helps getting sleep.Just take it easy and don't wear those ruby red slippers out-cowgirl
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,743
    I am. And I'm keepin' those ruby red slippers for the rest of my life! :D
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.