advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower Back surgery

Comments

• Good luck with the op and recovery. As has been said the recovery is real slow, even having read all the stuff on here it is even slower than I had expected! I am 5 months post op tomorrow and I considered myself fairly active pre op -even with the sciatic pain- but I still have a long way to go. Don't rush to get better - I think that was my main mistake. When you do it knocks you back much further than any ground you think you have made up!
    I did have signs of fusing at 3 months but it is not solid yet.
    Take it easy!
  • John, I hope you fared well with your surgery. I am 4 mos post op L4/5 fusion. I am still having a lot of pain. Mostly due to returning to work at the 3 month period and my job requires sitting. Not the best situation for a spiney. AS everyone else has advised, take it easy, no bending, lifting or twisting and stay up on the meds. Don't let the pain get out of control. Best wishes on a speedy recovery!!

Traci
  • advertisement
  • Without all your you guys me the responses and courage to get me through this. Sunday I was A mess.I only have could to say Thank You, I had the Surgery
    He was realy plases with the outcum, I'm pretty lupe due to the me meds.Pls exciusSE SP. englis and I'm not suposppose to bet sitting, thaank so much to you you all for.
    John
  • PLs excuse grannar and spelling I'm kind of Lupe
  • Welcome to the other side, but you might want to wait to post until you're on less meds. LOL That was some real gobbledygook there.

I'm glad you made it through and are now on to recovery. Be sure to follow doc's orders, no BLT, take your meds and rest. You'll be up and walking in no time and that's going to really help your healing.

Post back when you can, John. We're all glad to see you got through the surgery. Keep us posted!
    Cath
  • advertisement
  • All right! You did it! Now the road to recovery begins-you can do it!Keep us posted!Jeannie
  • I want thank all the people for there positive thoughts, they help alot.I was able to walk 350 the second day. The pain was more tolerable than I thought it would be. I' m doing fine and have a slight tingling rt leg. He did'nt need to fuse L4,but he did cleaned it out and smoothed the opening where the nerves go through. He fused S1 to L5 and interbdy fusion L5.
    I need to talk about the meds,when I came home I went
    to bed and I kinda of remeber getting up to go to the
    bathroom a couple of times and every time I went in, I was taking pecocet and the soma.No excuses and I can't tell you what exactly happen. I could of killed myself with a overdose. I'm not an abuser of meds. I have worked in dialysis for 32. I I do know better Don't want to take more than presribed or you don't want under medication because it's hard to get out of pain. This whole incident was very disturbing to me . I hope my my episode have helped people become more aware.
    Again thanks againn for the positive posts they helped me alot as I was thinking of you all when I was in the Hospital.
    John
  • I want thank all the people for there positive thoughts, they help alot.I was able to walk 350 the second day. The pain was more tolerable than I thought it would be. I' m doing fine and have a slight tingling rt leg. He did'nt need to fuse L4,but he did cleaned it out and smoothed the opening where the nerves go through. He fused S1 to L5 and interbdy fusion L5.
    bathroom a couple of times and every time I went in, I was taking pecocet and the soma.No excuses and I can't tell you what exactly happen. I could of killed myself with a overdose. I'm not an abuser of meds. I have worked in dialysis for 32. I I do know better Don't want to take more than presribed or you don't want under medication because it's hard to get out of pain. This whole incident was very disturbing to me . I hope my my episode have helped people become more aware.
    Again thanks againn for the positive posts they helped me alot as I was thinking of you all when I was in the Hospital.
    John
    John
  • It's really important to keep up on your meds when you get home to keep the pain as low as possible. If it gets ahead of you, it's very difficult to get it back under control.

I suggest you get one of those pill boxes that has the days of the week on it (hopefully with multiple compartments for each day) and once a week fill up the box with the meds and the times you need to take them. What happened to you really scared me, but you need to keep taking them, just on schedule though.

I'm so glad you're home and are on the road to recovery. Do you have someone there that can help organize your meds? I know that there are a lot of members here that organize them in different ways so hopefully they can give you a good system. I know the pill box thing can work, but there are others that keep a log and check things off throughout the day as they take their meds.

Take care of yourself, John, keep walking and following doc's orders.
    Cath
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.