advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm confused

AzgirlAAzgirl Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had a MRI a few months ago & my pcp had his nurse call me & tell me that it showed narrowing of the spine. I asked if that was narrowing of the space between the vertebras due to DDD, or of the spine itself. She said it was all in the same family & that was all the dr. told her to tell me. I saw a physician's assistant last week & asked if that narrowing meant spinal stenosis, & she said yes, & told me that my record also showed 2 protruding discs. Now today I saw a reumy for the first time & he said that I don't have a diagnosis of spinal stenosis & that I certainly have back issues with osteoarthritis etc., but that fibro is the worst of my problems. Anyway, I'm not sure whether I have spinal stenosis or not!
advertisement

Comments

• Thank you Gwennie 17, for your prompt reply. I will definitely check out the links you listed. I'm not sure I can get a copy of my mri report because it was done at a small hospital in a satalite unit from a larger hospital, but I'm to see the physician's assistant tomorrow, & I'll see what info I can get out of her. Otherwise I'll press my Dr. when I next have to get my pain meds refilled. I'm new to this site, but it's a great site. Thank You, Azgirl
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.