advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Two Surgeries Coming Up

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 345
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Greetings everyone:

I saw my neurosurgeon today after having a cervical mylegram this past Thursday. I am having a Lumbar Laminectomy this coming Monday morning. A few months from now he plans on cervical fusion with Titanium Plates and Screws at the C-4/C-5 lvl I believe.

Anyone else here have this combination? I had a cervical laminectomy with a different surgeon one yr ago. I have a surgeon working out of the hospital my wife works at (she works in medical records) this year. Since I no longer work (on SSDI) I have insurance thru her. Having the surgery at her hospital they waive the 20 percent I would otherwise have to pay for the hospital stay.

Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Best wishes for your fusion surgery this Monday. I have cervical but mainly lumber issues but haven't had surgery yet. I hope you have pain relief after your surgery. Keep us updated how you're doing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • But mine were years apart. The lumbar lamenectomy was far worse for me than the 2 level cervical fusion.

Good luck to you and hopefully you'll get relief from these surgeries.
    Gary
Sign In or Join Us to comment.