advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

No explanation?

BkinsBBkins Posts: 363
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Nice that the Gweenie post was locked up with no explanation. I know it was done for the good of the site. Right. Looks like the mods are at it also.

David
advertisement

Comments

• I saw "4 New" when I logged in, but noppers, can't read anything but the first post. :-(

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• Can't even read Tamtam's post, which possibly gave an explanation. I expect she locked it.
  • advertisement
  • trying very hard to stay objective, but it is difficult when the thread is locked and without expination. I tried to look it up as to what would constitute locking a thread, and I couldn't find it~maybe I didn't look hard enough....

I'm sure ther is a lot I don't know....just wish there was an explaination!
  • Hello all. I have become increasingly upset at how this was handled. I am not going to bash anyone, but I would like everyone to know that I am thinking about creating a forum like this as an alternative.

It's been getting kind of "stuffy" in here lately, and would like to be able to talk with the likes of all of you guys somewhere a little more comfortable.

Is this something anyone would be interested in? Gwennie is also invited, but I will defintately be keeping my eyes on her!! :B
  • jayhawk said:
    trying very hard to stay objective, but it is difficult when the thread is locked and without expination. I tried to look it up as to what would constitute locking a thread, and I couldn't find it~maybe I didn't look hard enough....

I'm sure ther is a lot I don't know....just wish there was an explaination!

I can only assume that the thread took a more abrasive direction. I think most people are just sort of lashing out that someone could completely ban someone just 2 weeks from their own surgery.

Gwennie helped LOTS of people on here, and I am sure she is continuing to do so on another level. Unfortunately, we can't reciprocate.

It's just sort of maddening, and no real way to get it out of your system other than unloading your thoughts on here. Unfortunately, you can't do that either ~X(
  • advertisement
  • if someone who posts doesn't want the post maybe they can delete it? Just guessing of course...If anyone wants to email Gwennie I can give her a message for you or your email. I don't think she can contact everyone though. Charry

PS Maybe there's a chance that this could turn around though. I really have depended on SH for support but heart broken this has happened.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • has always provided me with a wealth of information and support. It has proven invaluable to me during my surgery and recovery, and could not be duplicated by my physicians, family or friends. It would have been so difficult to get through this period without the help of members of this group, especially Gwennie.

We are all aware that the members here are all spine patients and not spine experts. There is a fine line however when exerting constraints on free speech. Censorship is a difficult pill to swallow, and it is perfectly normal for people to have some objections to the source. It should be expected under the circumstances. People that have made comments should be able to do so with fear of retribution, and is not an evil thought to disagree with others. It is what makes the world go around. Guess in this case we must agree to disagree.

I think that most people on the forum have been very respectful of others with no verbal abuse. Never have I seen any illegal actions by any member. These would be actions that I would consider appropriate for banning.

Just thinking out loud,

Lisa
  • Here's where I am at a loss regarding the banning.

Gwennie was contacted by the mods concerning her posts as she was breaking a spine health rule and eventually banned for noncompliance.

I have read the "sticky" that was mentioned in the now "locked thread."

If we, the forum participants, can't figure out what was the issue with regard to Gwennie's posts, well, heck, I'd sure like to see an example of the offending language.

In a way, it's like saying we're too stupid to understand.....very sad situation.

Judy

• get a chance to see the second to last post requesting that the thread be closed.

i forget who made the request, but it apears that some are made uncomfortable by the thought of oposing dialogue/thought; although that is one of the great principals on which this nation (the US that i am in) is founded upon!

although i do not approve either of "bashing" the mods in general, in this instance, IMHO, banning a member when support is needed most (right before major surgery)is hitting a bit below the belt. either wait until after the surgery, do a temp. suspension, or something else to resolve the dispute would have been once again IMHO a more HUMANE thing to do.

dawn
  • I can only empathize with the feelings being expressed here. But, sadly they don't matter. Alot of good well intentioned people have been pushed or shoved out of this site, because of just a few with the authority to lock them out, or the nasty members that get away with not breaking rules (according to someone's judgement)...just doing mean stuff.

Where is Brokenlady?? Pain Is my shadow? Martha? those are just a couple....but there are lots more.

All I have in my heart to say is...if you find someone here that you need in your life..be sure to get their alternate contact info right away...so you dont lose each other. I have my girl posse thankgoodness...and we still are going strong each and every day.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.