advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

No explanation?

Comments

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,609
    some people have used this situation to get on their own soap box about the good or bad about how they believe Spine-Health is being run.

There are many of you who have voiced honest opinions about you are saddened about Gwennie's banning. Its easy to to read those posts and see that it is heartfelt.

But I've been reading so many posts that its clear that the poster has no concern about Gwennie and some of the things that are being posted would even upset Gwennie.

I try to maintain an even balance with everything that goes on in this site. There are so many things that go on behind the scenes that the public community is not aware of. There are a lot of one on one issues, complaints, etc, that our team needs to handle. We do that on our time for the good of this site.

Now I keep reading way beyond anything about Gwennie, about how stuffy this is, wanting to start a new forum.. There comes a time when everyone has to make their own decision. This site is set up to help everyone with spinal issues and that help many times goes far beyond that.

But, if you are not happy, if you dont like the way its run, if you dont like my authority team or myself, then please, why stay?

I've belonged to many online forum sites and when there were situations that I believed were not good, I left. I am not the type who is just going to sit there and complain , complain and complain.

From the beginning of this situation, I stated WHY we did what we did. There was nothing to hide , there never is when it comes to a banning of a person. Do we go into the deep details? No, But that is only out of respect for the individual.

We all have a choice....
    Do we move on from her and start getting back to what Spine-Health is all about?
    Or we can continue this day in and day out - for what? I guess only a handful of you know why.

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,609
    some people have used this situation to get on their own soap box about the good or bad about how they believe Spine-Health is being run.

There are many of you who have voiced honest opinions about you are saddened about Gwennie's banning. Its easy to to read those posts and see that it is heartfelt.

But I've been reading so many posts that its clear that the poster has no concern about Gwennie and some of the things that are being posted would even upset Gwennie.

I try to maintain an even balance with everything that goes on in this site. There are so many things that go on behind the scenes that the public community is not aware of. There are a lot of one on one issues, complaints, etc, that our team needs to handle. We do that on our time for the good of this site.

Now I keep reading way beyond anything about Gwennie, about how stuffy this is, wanting to start a new forum.. There comes a time when everyone has to make their own decision. This site is set up to help everyone with spinal issues and that help many times goes far beyond that.

But, if you are not happy, if you dont like the way its run, if you dont like my authority team or myself, then please, why stay?

I've belonged to many online forum sites and when there were situations that I believed were not good, I left. I am not the type who is just going to sit there and complain , complain and complain.

From the beginning of this situation, I stated WHY we did what we did. There was nothing to hide , there never is when it comes to a banning of a person. Do we go into the deep details? No, But that is only out of respect for the individual.

We all have a choice....
    Do we move on from her and start getting back to what Spine-Health is all about?
    Or we can continue this day in and day out - for what? I guess only a handful of you know why.

• advertisement
  • I've been away from the forum for a couple of days and just wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery on 1st June. Indirectly you have been encouraging and of great help to me before and after my surgery.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Thank you Ron, and that is just what I am doing. Just needed to get a few PMs out to some, and I will be on my way.

I am sure if you feel strongly about something, you have a tendency to stand on the soap box as well. We are all human at the end of the day, although some have more badges of honor than others, as you have pointed out.

I haven't seen enough complaining to warrant a "complain, complain, complain", but that is what makes us all different. I am sure you guys knew that it was going to be difficult at first after banning someone like Gwennie, but instead of coming out and just stating the facts, you went ahead and alienated a lot of other users.

Not sure if you realize it, but your posts come off a little "elitist" at times.

/end complaining.
  • I'd like to re-iterate a few things and say my piece then I'm moving on. This page and user is closed and done in my mind. I am part of this admin team and was part of this decision. I fully support it and the team. Don't mistaken me not posting for not supporting or agreeing.

I've had a very busy and productive weekend. One thing about getting better. You now get to attempt to catch up on all the things you haven't done for a long time.

I read the now locked thread late the other night and this one late last night. It's understandable that those here who are truly friends with Gwennie want to contact her. I believe that has been covered by the ones who have her contact info. It's no great surprise either that certain members feel the need to jump in and take cheap shots at the admins and the site. Some of which are using this banning as an excuse for their own agenda. You are both insulting to the team here and Gwennie.

A year or so ago I became disenchanted with some things about this site. I also didn't know the whole story or background of why these things were happening. I too started taking some shots at the admins and was told to stop. I'm ashamed of those choices as it was in poor taste and accomplished nothing good.

The simple suggestion I was given at that time. If you don't like how this forum operates, is moderated, who moderates it, etc... Then maybe it is time for you to move on.

The other option was why not stay and participate. This is a community. It does not revolve around one person. That includes admins. We too are, or at least attempt, to just be users too.

Graham
  • advertisement
  • I guess I feel that cheap shots have been taken by both sides. Why don't you close these threads and lets move on.

David
  • Dave,

I still haven't worked out the technical issues so if i close the thread, it will be the same issue as why this one opened. However, you are the originator and you have the right to it so let me know, either here or pm me.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.