advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Question about Deep Tendon Reflex

LumpyLLumpy Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had an exam last week and as usual they tested my reflexes. My triceps reflexs on both sides was not preceivable by me. I was told by my original NS months ago that I had lost the reflex in one arm and it was dimenished on the other several months ago.

This new doctor is an insurance assigned DR so it is not, in their words, a "doctor patient relationship" (Long Story). The Dr. says my triceps reflexes were "1/2+ and symmetrical." I have found info about the Wexler reflex scale, but it gives 0,1,2,3,4 as the options. Nothing like 1/2. So does anyone know what "1/2+" means?

While I'm at it, I know what a hyper reflex means, but I am unsure what the significance of a dimenished or absent reflex is. ?

Thanks again for all your input.

Comments

• hi lumpy,

i'm not a medical professional, but i think that a grading of 1/2 means you're somewhere between the two grade levels. i had this link bookmarked, it's technical, but i think it explains things. you'll need to scroll down for the info on deep tendon reflex.

hope this helps,
    p.

https://medinfo.ufl.edu/year1/bcs/clist/neuro.html
Sign In or Join Us to comment.