advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Facet injection or facet RFA, herniated L4 disk

twobfree2ttwobfree2 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am new to the forum. Due to accident in 2000, and surgeon at that time recommended invasive surgery, I thought it would go away in time. He was right, and I was wrong. He said flare-ups would get worse as time went on. Daily chronic pain is problem and now my ability to endure it seems to be waning, it has been 10 years. When I wanted to go to sleep in May and not wake up, as back pain limits me to where if I do anything that involves bending, lifting, even walking or sitting, I realized I am in danger emotionally and must do more to help back pain. I am in flare-up that won't go away. Recent suggestion by new dr I went to to discuss surgery was to get facet inj. I've had epidural in past, but not facet injections. Help, I'm so confused, feel alone, feel at end of my rope. Usually a very positive person, and I used to have high pain tolerance. Am taking meds now 4x day, and hired housekeeper and friend does shopping for me. Stairs to my apt. aggravate back, and if carrying groceries, trash, or spa bag (love jacuzzi at spa, just effort to get up dressed, drive there), almost housebound. Thanks for input.
Thanks for anyone's friendship or suggestion.
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped by. i am glad you were able to get some help since feeling so bad.. using the jacuzzi if that makes you feel better is a good idea as well. be sure and look up "facet injections" here on the forum.. you will find lots of info about them.. good luck to you and keep us informed.. i hope you find some pain relief soon! Jenny :)
Sign In or Join Us to comment.