advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Appointment

FocusFFocus Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
So after 3 months with no pain meds and detoxing and a successful trial I have an appointment to get the SCS implanted permanently. All I hope is that we can get this done quick the muscle relaxers are not doing a whole lot for my pain. I was on Lyrica but due to the weight gain i had to get off of it and the pain is horrible. So before I go on a tangent what questions should I ask the doctor about the permenant SCS? I am one of those people who have VERY GOOD doctors and surgeons looking out for me and have been very open about helping me Im just not sure the questions to ask.
Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
Lumbar surgery 2009
Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
Neurostimulator 2010
Heart ablation 2011
Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
advertisement

Comments

• to do 3 months for a detoxing, b4 perm scs, Im glad I didnt hve tofor my trial or perm one.
  • i was told it was mandatory to determine a new baseline for pain treatment because the narcotics mask everything and it was a requirement from the doc and from the military. it has been hard but I get the permenant one Tuesday!!!!!
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
  • advertisement
  • I had mine done by the military and there wasn't any requirement for getting off of pain meds. Interesting that your doc would require you to go through that. Well hope the permanent implant helps you out.

"C"
  • My case manager laid out the new rules for me, There has been so many that push this without going through the proper procedures that they started to see a negative trend. I would have to think that it all depends on your PM and each persons individual problem though. I had to detox to stand any chance of staying in but it also opened up the SCS for me that worked in the trial it was just getting to this point that was a killer. thanks I appreciate it I got a good feeling this is going to good for me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.