advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am so sick - cold going full blast now

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,550
Well, most of you've seen my other post in pain medications about if I could take Theraflu after the onset of a cold that hit me Sunday. (I can and have been, not that it's helped much.)

Yesderday was a little worse than Sunday, but as I woke up and felt a bit better, of course I got my Wally out for a walk. We met my little rainbow, Jeanne (70-yr-old friend), who we walk with and Wally's girlfriend little Kati (ok, not so little at 55 lbs.), and she told me she had this cold and that the first two days are the worst. So I figured that I'd feel better today (Tuesday). She said that she would wake up in the middle of the night coughing and with sore sinuses, but it went away rather quickly, after two days. That didn't happen to me last night, so I thought I'd be getting off a bit easier than Jeanne did.

So that puts me in the weenie catagory for Sunday because today is the worst I've felt so far. This morning (it's 3am on Tuesday) I feel like total dog doodoo. I've woken up with what she explained, bad cough and terribly sore sinuses. I'm drinking Theraflu, which doesn't seem to help, have a job interview tomorrow which I'm considering asking the guy if we should wait until Friday, wishing I had someone here to go get me chicken soup, go get me better medicine and just baby me like my mom used to do. I have the afphgan my mom made me years ago, which is nice for the days, but being the middle of the night, I have the wonderful fuzzy blanket my hubby bought me as a surprise before my first surgery, knowing my recliner would be my bed for the first two weeks.

Ok, I'm rambling now. Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself, I've been stuck in the house for what will be three days, am up in the middle of the night not knowing if I'll get back to sleep and feel yucky. (Stop here due to TMI, but even woke having lost bowel control in the middle of the night).

We're lucky that the pain meds and muscle relaxers really do help with the body aches which can be debilitating, but what to do about the sinuses and coughing? Guess I might make a trip to the drug store today sporting my ball cap. Of course, a hot shower might just feel wonderful if I can stand long enough for one. Ooopsy, now I just realized that after my middle-of-the-night "incident", a shower will definitely be on my morning schedule.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Hope you all don't get this nasty little sickness, frankly it sucks.

Hope you all are sleeping,
Cathie
advertisement

Comments

• Cathie I feel so bad for you. Hopefully you got back to sleep and will wake up feeling a bit better.
  • Hiya >:D< You are not alone with the flu. I have been in bed since sunday, got no energy, I have a bad cough, which i have hurt my back because of coughing so much, i feel so weak and also feel like dogdodo :sick: Wishing you well and hope you feel better soon >:D<

Angie :H
  • advertisement
  • Can you see your Dr. today or you're not able to get there because you're so ill? We have a medvisit here where a Dr. will come to your house to check you out. Don't know if you have that there where you live? Anything other than clear returns for your sinuses or any color sputum should get seen even to help with stronger cough meds. I wish I could bring you some hot lemon tea and some chicken soup. Prayer you feel better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You are suffering so much, I wish I could get you that afphgan or a nice hot chicken soup!

Maybe you dont have a cold maybe Its a sinus infection. My older son just had this and was sooo sick for more then a week (he's away in college, he was taking otc everything), finally he went to doc, good thing he did, he got antibiotic (Z pac) and within 3 days he was a new man. His symptoms were cold like that's why he waited, doc said this is going around and if left turns into lung infection too.

Not to be too yuky, but check to color in your tissue after you blow your nose, if its green (light neon or yellowish, puss like - I know TMI) you may need doctor. I would call doc/nurse, just to see what they say

Feel better!
    Ps that's awful about the interview, be honest I'm sure the interviewer won't want to catch what you have and can reschedule you.

Lots of mom like energy to you Cath!

Virginia
  • Hi Cath,

I've got it too and I am miserable. When I feel like this even the simplest of tasks seem so difficult.

Hang in there, hopefully it will be over soon.

Lisa
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    I'm sorry you're still feeling crappy. I hope that it's not long lasting and that you feel much better soon.

Hopefully after your shower you will start feeling better. Please let us know how you are.

Debbie
  • Sorry you're feeling so bad. Hopefully the worst of it is over and you'll start bouncing back!!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I am so sorry you are sick. :(

Have you ever tried a neti pot? They sound gross but my husband while hates doing it swears by them. Within a few hours of using one he feels at least 50% better.
    The other thing he uses ( he has horrible sinus issues ) is there is these "tablets" about the size of the ones you put in your toilet tank ( nice image lol ) and you toss them in the shower with you and the "medicine" in them releases. These really help him as well.

Any ways - excuse my chatter - hope you feel super great soon :D
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • you tried filling a bowl of boiling water , then put a towel over your head and bowl and breathe in the steam, can help with the sinus

feel better soon , hot chicken soup on its way,
    :) though it mite be a little cold by time it gets there

hugs flower
  • It's 3am again and here I am and I have an interview at 11am this morning. I can only imagine what I'm going to look like. Mascara ain't gonna cover this ugly mug and its repercussions from this cold. Good thing it's not a beauty contest.

I went out yesterday but only managed to get the basic errands done and had to punt on the rest. I'll try to get the rest done on my way home from the interview (pet store, etc.).

I've been taking Musinex and am drinking Theraflu right now.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Don't know how I'll make it through this coming morning, I just hope I can get back to sleep before 4:30am like yesterday.

This is a bugger...

Cathie
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.