advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am so sick - cold going full blast now

Comments

• For sinus I use the Sinus meds that everyone sells, With Tylenol. I dont have any in my pain meds, so it helps. I get very bad joint pain, when I have a cold, so that is the best that I can do for myself.

I have had really awful sinus issues this year, caused a lot of head and neck pain for the last month.

I have found that green tea and "NeoCitran" [edit if I am not suppose to name something]

At times like this, my pain meds drop in usefulness and I have to use everything I can, to keep myself comfortable. And yeh - I take 2 HOT showers a day, to keep myself warmed up.
  • I hope you feel better soon. I think all of us spineys should get a "pass" on the colds/flu. We have enough crap to deal with!

Good luck on your interview!

Lisa
  • advertisement
  • Yeah, these colds not only affect the sinuses but it seems that the pain gets into the bones and the muscles. My meds are helping that. The Musinex is helping to loosen up my chest congestion and the Theraflu is just nice to drink at 3am because it's warm, tastes good and makes me sleepy.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of others that are being affected by seasonal stuff like I am and I hope you're all getting better.

Take care.
    Cathie
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    I hope that you got some more sleep this morning and woke up feeling better.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck on your interview.

Debbie
    >:D<
  • I slept until 4 this morning, so I think I'm getting better. LOL I don't know which is worse - to have to get up at the wee hours because you're sick or having trouble getting out of bed because you're too comfortable. (And I'm serious about that...I've done both.)

Hope everyone is sleeping comfortably right now.

Cathie
  • advertisement
  • Cathie,

Fingers are crossed that you are sliding off that nasty mountain! I see your spirits are back up, so you probably are! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hiya, >:D< How are you feeling today? Thois flu is awful, and ive never coughed so bad, all my neck back and round to my ribs feel bruised, ive coughed so much, the shooting and stabbing pain in my back when i cough, is just awful. I dont get a cold very often but when i do , i get flu. Ive been told by the doctor to ride it out just have hot lemonade and honey. The last time i had flu , i coughed so much i jarred my lungs, and ended up with pneumonia. still feeling like dog doodoo. :sick:

Angie #:S
  • Angie, sorry you're feeling so bad, but I feel your pain. The coughing is really awful, isn't it?

Thanks for the hugs, Brenda.

I slept until 5:30 this morning. My cough is much better, but now it's in my sinuses and I'm sneezing and sniffing like crazy. But much better than the congestion. I've been taking musinex and I think it's really helped with the chest congestion.

So I'm on the mend now. Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope all of you can stay away from this nasty stuff. Yuck.

Cathie
  • Cathie,

You're very Welcome! I have a family reunion coming up, and since I'm not around nearly the amount of people I use to, I am kind of in fear of catching something. Sigh.. (G) I normally don't just "catch" things, so 'a' hoping!

So glad to see things are swinging to the good side for you. Sinuses - I have a huge deviated septum (planning on getting that fixed soon), and sinuses are a daily issue with me, cold or no cold. Sorry you're in that mode now. Have you tried hot steam with eucalyptus oil? I find that cleans me right out - boil the water, add the oil, towel over head and pot - breathe - breathe - deep breath! Aaahhh.. :) *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I made it to 4am this morning. I slept with my wedge pillow last night in an attempt to keep elevated to allow my sinuses to drain in a downward position, but because I tend to sleep on my side, I woke up at 4 with not only a cough but my lumbar spine is hurtin' like crazy.

I thought I'd be able to get back to sleep in my recliner, but it's looking like it'll be a nap day today instead. When I take out my earplugs, you know I'm up for good. LOL

I might get out and get some eucalyptus oil and try your little trick. I don't care what I do - if I can just feel better. Well, I do feel better, but I'm still not up to speed or even close. I also have a deviated septum, but don't plan on getting it fixed anytime soon, so my right nostril is a problem. When you're having problems breathing anyway and one of those get into the act, it makes things worse, doesn't it?

So, I just took some of my spine medications and I think I'll get caught up on SH stuff now.

Brenda, I hope you don't catch anything from someone along your road trip. This crud seems to be everywhere, so be defensive and take some good body stuff like fish oil, pomegranite, etc. The best defense is an offense!

Hope the majority of you are still asleep and having pleasant dreams.

Cathie
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.