advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

23 and my neck problems

Comments

• Cheers guys really appreciate the support. The hardest part about this is that no one can give me an answer. Well, everyone seems to think they know but nothing helps long term. It's so hard getting up every day in pain and trying to stay positive. If nothing works then eventually I'm going to have to go down painkiller road. Does anyone know if there are pain killers that are safe to take long term? Panadol doesnt help me but anti inflamatries and ibifuren take the pain pretty well. Codeine takes every ounce of pain away so I'm assuming that stronger pain killers like opiods would aswell. It's just that at age 23, what are the effects going to have on my body by the time I'm 35?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • Ozone that's good news. I am envious that you've found the source of your problem. I went to the sports doctor the other day who is really experienced and asked about injections. I asked if I could get cortizone or something like that to really help with the inflamation and relax the muscles. I'm not completely sure if that's the problem but when I take anti inflamatries it really helps the pain. He said he wasn't willing to give me a jab as there is nothing that has showed up on the mri's or xrays besides the straightened cervical spine which he believes isn't the cause of the pain. I forgot to mention that I have a pressure feeling in my head. Like when I hold my breath and push, i can feel a very uncomfortable pressure inside my head. I'm really hoping that the position of my spine is causing all of this and that when I fix that, my pain will subside.

Thanks again so much for the insight.
  • Did you get this kind of therapy? Did it help your situation ozone?
  • advertisement
  • I had a look at that link you sent me Ozone. I also had a look at some vision of prolo being done on the neck. It looks bloody painfull!! The bloke was just stabbing a long needle in and out of different areas on the woman's neck very quickly and she was bleeding all over the place. Is that about right?

Cheers
  • And that's a fair call mate. Does anyone else get really frustrated when they hear other people complaining about petty things? If I hear anyone complaining about a headache I feel like knocking them out. I'd like to see some other people go through what we do just for a week. I'm currently getting chiro ozone and if I dont make any progress I'm going to try the prolo. I rang a doctor today and asked about prices. Private health covers some so my first visit will cost $100 out of my pocket and only $40 for further sessions if I need. Not too pricey. It's looking like January will be te go because I better give chiro a decent go.
  • Don't overlook the fantastic benefits available from remedial massage. This is exactly the sort of thing they are trained to treat.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.