There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites:,,, for medical articles and videos.

Brain tumor versis L4 L5 disk bulge

TamiGTTamiG Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have had a L4 and L5 back problem for over a year now. Thinking workmans comp. Dr. were not helping out I decided to go to my own Nerologist for an annual MRI for a brain tumor that I had removed 11 years ago. I was past due by 2 yrs. for the MRI.
Since I was having problems with not being able to keep my flip flop on basically right foot weakness. I went and had an MRI done on my brain. Come to find out I had 2 new menigeoma tumors that had developed. I had surgery on Nov. 16th and was spent 1 week at Moffitt and then 2 more weeks at a Rehab hospital due to totally right side paralyses (another words no feeling on my right side from head to toe)! I went through 3 hours a day in physical therapy learning to regain my motor skills all over again.

Now my question is I have now developed right foot drop and have no control over the foot and walk with a brace and cane. Everything else is slowly coming back. I am getting ready to close out my workman comp case. The Dr.'s do feel that the foot drop and problems are more related to the L4 problem should I settle? I have been through so much already but if I am going to need more surgery to correct this problem should I go with my own insurance or workmans comp? What would you do?



  • That is a question you should get legal help on. There are alot of variables, and a good work comp attorney would be the best one to answer a question such as this. You want to make sure everything is taken care of correctly, I think it would be worth the time.
  • I'd say workers comp is responsible if the doctor feels that it is related to your lumbar spine. Legally they are even responsible and your personal health insurance could come after you if you put claims in when it is really for comp.

    I'm having a similar problem right now with a specialist. There are very few in this specialty and they don't take no-fault insurance. But if I use my personal health insurance they will come after me for reimbursement. Instead I am looking at laying out thousands of dollars and hopefully getting a few hundred back.

    Speak with a lawyer if you have one. But if your doctors say it is related to your comp injury then you need to keep that open.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.