advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spondylosis W/Myelopathy

sassy411ssassy411 Posts: 198
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Lower Back Pain
This is one of my diagnoses & I'm confused since it's in the lumbar region.

The little info I've found on this condition says it's damage to the spinal cord. But, then I read that the spinal cord ends before it gets to the lumbar region.

Anyone have info on this?
advertisement

Comments

• This is similar to my diagnosis...the spondylosis basically means that there is a fracture in the vertebrae itself - they may also call this a pars defect. The fracture can be on just one side or can be on both (bilateral). As far as the myelopathy, from my understanding its can be trauma or inflammation of the spinal cord. The lumbar area has a lot of nerve roots, these might be compressed. For more specific information, you might want to contact our doctor. Hope this helps!
  • EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.