advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SI L5

lela497llela497 Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Hi,
I just received a report from my dr stating that he will perform the discogram at L3 but put attention L5 S1.

I was just wondering what that means. Does anyone have an opinion?

Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

• what mean? L3, L5 etc are vertabrae levels. L stands for lumbar (lower back), and you have 5 levels (L1, L2, L3, etc). The S is for the level below your lumbar, at the very end of your spine.

So, your discogram is at L3, but it seems that your doctor thinks you also have problems at L5 S1, which is the disk between those 2 levels.

My problem is L5 S1. My disk is gone. And my facet joints at that level are arthritic and diminishing.

I hope I answered your question. :)

Caity
  • Pehaps this topic will help clear the confusion about s-one problems versus s-eye problems. Already there are posts here asking about L5/s-one issues. SI joints...plural because there are two, attach the pelvis to our spine. S-One are only one vertebra located in the spine, attaching the sacrum (tailbone) to the lumbar groups. Perhaps a viewing of the info in this topic here...look at the diagram of the SI joints will make it clearer.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.