advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SI Joint Injection Success!!!

Comments

• Robin, one of the RFAs I had was a horrible experience. I developed a really bad case of neuritis that lasted about 6 months. That one, was definitely NOT a success!!! My skin was red, so so itchy (for 6 months) and that one side of my neck, down past the bottom of my shoulder blade was completely numb, couldn't feel a thing. Thankfully, those symptoms have passed. So, the next time he did it (and trust me, it took a LOT of convincing on my pm's part to get me to try it again) but I did. Instead of using radio-frequency though, he used pulse wave, and I'm telling you, it has been good too. Sure I still have pain, but nothing compared to what it was, and that, I consider a success. So I am very grateful that he was so convincing (the fact that he's not hard on the eyes makes it hard to refuse him, too LOL) and I did try it again instead of giving up. Maybe you could ask your doc about the pulse wave. It is less harsh than the RF, and I actually had little to no post-pain/irritation. Something to think about for you, anyways. I do agree about the TPIs, while they had no long term lasting effects, it was those precious few hours that gave me relief, and allowed me to catch up on much needed sleep, so that, I consider a success, although a small one, but a success regardless. It is hard to maintain the positive thinking, trust me, I have my moments too (as I'm sure my bf would eagerly tell you, lol) but I make myself remember how much better I feel, when I'm thinking positively. It has taken me a lot of practice, but it is doable! I'm sure you know that, considering how far you've come with everything you've gone through. Robin, my dear, I consider you a strong person and I know that you will keep up your great attitude! I do hope that your doctor can find a new course of action for you!! Seriously, ask him about the pulse wave, it might be worth a try for you!! If you want, I can pm you my doc's info, if yours wants to learn more about it if he doesn't already know. Take care!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
Sign In or Join Us to comment.