advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm pretty sure I broke my nose

Comments

• Snookie,

I think it depends on the impact direction on the nose as to whether you'll "raccoon". The first time I broke my nose I was 14 or 15 and screwed up a dismount off of the uneven bars, and I slammed straight into the bottom bar! The next time about 10 years ago, me and a bad guy "had a dance" and he got a lucky shot! (G)

I got raccoon black eyes on both occasions. I didn't get it checked on the second one as my bend didn't change. I was swollen though for like 2 weeks. Oh, and the black eyes started within 12 to 24 hours of injury.

If I remember right, your injury was in a 'down' direction, so you might have lucked out on the black eyes! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,772
    bust WIDE OPEN tomorrow .... please get in to see your (so-called) doctor TOMORROW !!! Don't make me chase you down with a bottle of Tequila !!

XOXOXO,

Dave
  • advertisement
  • Just checking back on you ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • You have a painting hanging on your nose what? Just waking up sorry,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I don't think that your eyes will turn black always with a broken nose. I do know that they can go black even without breaking your nose though, I looked like a raccoon when I faceplanted (which was actually the fall that triggered all my neck issues). lol that was up in Whitehorse, and everyone just assumed that John beat me up... some people, eh?
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.