advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lots of neck problems!

Comments

• Hi Charlie,

I have c3 thru t1 level fusion front and back. Your question about mobility. I'm pretty good. I can't look at my toes without bending forward. I can't turn side to side all the way anymore but have ajusted. I can look up with no problems. I do have some pain everyday. But I don't shake like crazy anymore. and I have no numbness in my arms. Some nerve twitching though. I'm glad I had it done. But I really didn't have a choice. Either surgery or wheelchair in the future. I chose surgery. I'm 46 and too young to be put down. I had my surgery in the Twin Cities Spine Center, Abbott Northwestern. This was my second surgery. I had c56 c67 done in 2003. c67 didn't fuse and the surgeon then put the screws in wrong and it blew out the disc below. Plus the good ole domino affect.
    It was a tough surgery this time and the healing takes awhile. I didn't think it was too bad. A 6 day stay with 3 days in ICU. Swallowing issues to watch.

Let us know how you're doing!
  • I wanted to follow up with you. I met with a few surgeons before my surgery, and they all talked about the importance of removing the pressure on the chord to prevent further damage - first and foremost, and with the potential of improvement.

I am 4+ weeks out from 4 level ACDF - C3 - C7. I just got released from wearing the hard neck brace, and I felt confident enough the next day to do a little driving locally. I have decent mobility - about the same looking right, a little more limited looking left.

I hope you have relief soon.

KarenD
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Howdy Charlie,

I'm glad you got in with your NS's PA for further follow up. Sorry to hear surgery is on the table, but glad to see that they are being very pro-active with you.

Are you going for another opinion, or are you comfortable with your present surgeon?

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Hehehe...I don't see that as weird! You know him, you trust him, and he's done right by you so far. That's the key, trust, faith and comfortable.

Let's see, "weird" because your happy to get this surgery? Nope, been there, done that...moving in that direction again! (G)

Brenda
  • Spam spam...GO AWAY! Yeah right, yoga and twisting with nerve related back issues. I guess you don't get it (spine issues)...big surprise!! You people make me sick!

Brenda
  • HI,
    Gee, another surgery, but what can you do? If you trust this dr, and symptoms are worse, you really don't have a choice.. I'm sure your dr will do his/her best on you, and you may be bit stiff but that's better than what you have now! I hope all goes well for you.
    Frannie
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.