advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Neck stiff and noisy!

KeshKKesh Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all.

I'm a 44 yr old male about to go to my doctor with my symptoms and thought I'd best go equipped with as much knowledge as possible, so came to spine-health.

I have a stiff, mildly painful neck for maybe 6 month now. Tends to feel like it isn't sitting right on my shoulders, if you get what I mean. I can't trace it back to any injury or event.

However the most profound symptom is the noises. I get all the usual pops and clicks and cracks, which I gather is gas bubbles. But I also get a constant grinding when my head turns, and I just discovered this doesn't happen if I'm upside down, which makes me suspect it's my discs/vertebrae rubbing against each other. This is also 6 months ongoing now.

Any advice would be much appreciated, either about how to handle doctors or what could be going on.

Kesh.
advertisement

Comments

• hello kesh, and welcome to spine-health.
    yes, the snap, crackle, pop and grinding sound familiar and i'll never get use to those sounds regardless of how long i've been hearing them. they still give me the creeps. here's a good link to read up about it and links to other reading material.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • hey there I have the same issues with my neck, I have pain and stiffness in my neck and also have trouble holding my head up for long periods of time. Went to the docs and he had an MRI done which showed that I have no curve in my neck and my top vertebra in my neck is turned to the side. I also herniated my L5S1 disk 2 years ago Friday and now I have narrowing of that disk and on top of that I have and curve in my lower back that causes my hips to be uneven and I am only 30 years old (|: :O
  • Thanks for the responses everyone. Will let you know how the visit to the doctors goes.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.