advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Do you find it hard to give/

Comments

• maybe we cope with our infirmity with trying to distance ourselves from what and who weve become, I know when ive done a "well done" i feel better. maybe we just dont knw when to say when?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Well, apparently there's no subtlety in this house either, as some days all it takes is for the bf to take one look at me before he runs for his "man-cave", lol. He does ask if I need something before/as he runs for cover though. Most of the time. Sometimes he just runs. lol. But he also knows that on those really bad days, if he needs to me to do something I will. Same with my family. It's kind of weird for me actually, for years it was all of us looking out for my sister who has MS, and had a tumour wrapped around her spinal cord. Once the tumour was removed, most of her neuropathy and radiculopathy disappeared with it and she's now off of most of the meds. It feels so strange to me now that the tables are turned and it's her looking out for me when we all get together as a family, not sure that I like it so much. We tend to get used to our roles as caretakers, and it kind of sucks when that, too, is taken away.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • I can't do anything other than drag my sorry ass into work everyday. I get in the pool and it makes things worse, can't ride my horse, can't garden. God it just sucks! I am so frustrated right now. tried this stupid new patch that was worse than anything else, I was so hopeful, but it didn't do jack. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out all the stops and get on oxy or something then I'm scared to death I'll be goofy all the time. It makes me so mad I got all this stuff I want to do and can't do anything!
  • Hang in there spiney! the fact that things change for us is a blessing at times, heres wishing ya a softer day!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Do you feel you want to be left alone when in a lot of pain and at the same time scared of being alone in case it gets worse?
    I also get very snappy as I don't know a way to tell people I just can't and I am in unbearable pain at some times. First, I just mention....I'm not too well... don't think it is a good idea going out for a meal today... my neck is being a bit of a.... today.... I can't feel my right arm and getting worked up....
    and yet they don't seem to get the message and yes I know the house is a mess these days, I can't cook or stand for long, and I don't shower until there is someone in the house... just in case as I struggle into the shower and out and try to do it as fast as possible to get it over and done with.
    Right now I am laying on the sofa with the laptop on a cushion on my belly so I don't have to bend my neck or lift my arms. Some days I can't even do that.
    Maybe I am nuts because things got better for some time and I could fake and now they are worse than at the beginning and no way I can fake...
    hugs to you all and thanks for your support and your stories
    Maria
  • advertisement
  • Wow I never thought about it like that.. but it is me, I try to get away from everyone. My boyfriend my kids, which considering I have always been the leader it is very hard to do. I go in my bedroom and within five minutes, no joke, I have everyone of my kids 21-12 and grandkids in my room then comes my boyfriend. I feel like screaming get out plz just leave me alone. Go do something. I don't because they need me to be there this is so hard on them just as hard as it is on me.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.