advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

making a mountain out of a mole hill

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Depression and Coping
The user and all related content has been deleted.
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
advertisement

Comments

• I am /was a pretty relaxed person not much bothered me. I get irritated easily now, very easily and quickly. I don't like it. I think with chronic pain we all have limits with dealing with stupidity and laziness where before we would be like really are you kidding me now we are like What the .... and are quick to say something. Thats me anyway, but you on the other hand, I think have reason. I think even I before the pain would be a basket case if someone was tearing apart my bathroom because I was having a major surgery and I was worried if it was done right.
    Thats a big project even if your not in pain. I see it with me if I walk into my work place to give them updates and the residents see me they almost attack me to complain about everything and that just makes me so irritated cuz I know if I was there they wouldnt have half the complaints just like you know if you were doing your bathroom it would be done right and to your standards.
    I think it is normal...
    I hope they finish the bathroom soon and to your standards so you can focus on getting ready to get better ..:)
  • Sorry to hear about the first guys wasting and wrecking your bathroom. Hopefully these new guys will do the right job. I guess it's hard not to want to watch them working after a bad experience? I know it's hard by try not to stress and if Kath isn't worried you need to relax if you can. You have a lot going on and the big surgery. I hope if the guys aren't working today you can enjoy the day and wish you a low pain day. Thinking of you and hope you get to shower in there soon. When will they be finished? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
  • Hang in there Tony. Just know how awesome it will be when it is completed :) Sorry about being ripped off by a poor contractor. I didn't know that type of thing happened across the pond. It is really common here in the states.

We are thinking of doing something similar in our extra bathroom (putting in a deep jetted tub and a small sauna) next spring/summer.

I have to keep my eye on the prize and try to let the rest drop away.

Julie
  • That's odd as my experience is directly opposite yours! I used to be a real perfectionist at work; I had to be as I work in a Blood Bank. Little things like sloppy work, illegible handwriting, and silly mistakes used to set me off! Then, as my back problems began I also began backing off from my "Always Mr Right" attitude.

The more my pain grew the less attention I paid to the little things that co-workers and other people do that used to annoy me. I began to develop a more tolerant attitude towards others. This was especially true as I had to let others do more of the things for me that I used to do myself.

In short my back problems have forced me to become more tolerant of others (family, friends, co-workers, and even strangers). My pain medications also slow me down to the point that I can be a bit more relaxed than before. I now find that getting riled up about someone's mistake (including my own) takes more effort than I feel is worthwhile.
    Disability retirement
  • advertisement
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
  • Tony, bless your heart! I think you're normal.. The problem with knowing you've got a major spine fusion coming,hurting really bad is enough to make anyone go "Postal". ((Crazy, in the US)). I am suppost to be having an ALIF Oct.17,(if my insurance ok's it). I just found out this passed Tuesday. Between getting!! all the things done the surgeons told me to do, plus getting my home,personal business( not to mention,worry, brings more pain) I think my head is spinning(kind of like I'm possessed!!! The very thought of workers remodeling a bath,so so stressful. I'm getting upset for you!!! But, the thought of you hiding in your bedroom ( made me smile, cause, I'd be hiding also).
    People, always say relax. It's really hard,when you know you could do a better job. On top of that, you know you'd do a better job!!! Hang in there, you'll love it when they're through!!!...Take care,Brenda C.

Oo l

• Tony,

I can feel your frustration! I went through similar with my roof replacement after Hurricane Wilma. The first crew came by, stripped the roof, put on new felt and left. They were suppose to come back in a week to shingle the roof - stole my shingles and disappeared!

Since my insurance company was the original 'recommender' of these thief's, they came and shrink wrapped my roof until full repairs could be made. Big time frustrating. And yeah, I think "pride" in the trades is not as it use to be!! I hope you're feeling better today.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.