advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

I'm in pain and need to talk to someone

Comments

• Donut to sit on whattt? Dont you dare sit on my donut! Whats next? Sit on my cofee? Now back off,,,,,,,!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hey everybody,

I got 2 x-rays today, and both came out normal. I am scheduled for an MRI on Friday.

I am thankful that my tailbone isn't broke, I guess it being "normal" means it isn't fractured or anything is wrong with it.

I'm still in pain but NOT as bad as 2 days ago.

My lower back is still in pain though.
  • advertisement
  • Hi and welcome! You are at the right place this group is awesome and so supportive! We are all going through some kind of pain that is why we are here! I can imagine the pain you are having with 4 little ones in the house. I pray you will find someone or maybe some kind of services to help you with the kids while you are in pain. My kids are grown but my son his wife and my grandson just moved in with me a month ago while they are looking for a place and he needs attention and holding all day long. I am in so much more pain this last month because if it. Anyway I agree with everyone else I am so surprised you are doing PT before you even have a diagnosis. I just went to PT not too long ago, They are supposed to help relieve the pain but everyday I would leave and be in extreme pain the rest of the night. I was supposed to do PT for 6 weeks and only made it a week before they dismissed me. And now I am having surgery. You need to let them know how extreme your pain is everyday when you are done. If you are not slowly getting better then you might need to stop. Please let us know how your MRI goes on Friday, and again we are so glad you found this group. Prayers are being sent your way!
  • Hi :H :H
    After a multiples pregnancy and then another, have you been evaluated for/ treated for diastasis recti (separation of abdominal wall)?
    It can cause a lot of problems with your back, since your abs are no longer able to support your body.

I don't know anybody who would be able to keep it together with 4 kids at that age by themselves. :jawdrop: You are in an amazingly challenging situation.

Does your husband's school provide childcare options? Sometimes schools do and it's more affordable than a private option. something to consider... if you could have a few hours to your self a couple days a week, it just might make a world of difference.

Good luck with your MRI. As the kids get older, it will get easier. You are really in an exceptional situation. Take any help you can get, any way you can get it. :-)
  • Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. I just did a self check for Diastasis Recti, and based on that, I can feel the two halves really close, I can't stick a finger in between, THANK GOD.

I also just got a call from my (terrible) doctor who seemed in a hurry and she said that I have a FEW herniated discs and she'll send me off to a Neurosurgeon... So I waited for lunch break to pass, just gave her a call now to get exact detailed information on how many and where they're located.

I'll update as soon as I get a call...
  • advertisement
  • Ok my doctor was very nice in not explaining and just reading out what is in the report so someone, please translate what this means:

L3-L5 annular disc protrusion on L3 and L4 pinching on nerve

L4, L5 disc extrusion associated with annular tearing
  • Ok my doctor was very nice in not explaining and just reading out what is in the report so someone, please translate what this means:

L3-L5 annular disc protrusion on L3 and L4 pinching on nerve

L4, L5 disc extrusion associated with annular tearing
  • https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/herniated-disc/lumbar-herniated-disc

hopefully your dr. will send you to an orthopedic surgeon and a neurologist for an emg/nerve test if you're having numbness in your leg and foot. check the dermatome map to see if your sciatica matches up with the nerves. i'm going to pm you another place i found helpful to describe. take care and hope you see your dr. soon for referrals. charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm sorry to hear you are going through all of this with 4 small children. I am also a young mom with 3 children - ages 10, 3, and 20 months - so I can totally relate. I had my first spine surgery this past July and am likely facing another surgery in the next few months. I can totally relate to the pain and exhaustion of having children to care for, while dealing with back pain.

My problems are with my thoracic spine, and every day is a constant battle. Some days I feel like a terrible mother and wife, because I can't do the things that most 29-year old moms can do. This should be the prime of my life, yet I'm having to undergo spine surgery and deal with chronic illnesses.

I'm glad that you were able to have the MRI done and now know there IS a cause for your symptoms. I remember when my doctor called and told me I had significant DDD and multiple herniated discs, I almost felt a sense of relief. I was, of course, terrified for what the future held, especially since I am a nurse and I was unable to work after I injured my back. However, I felt relieved to know that the pain I was experiencing was NOT in my head. I was out of work for 10 months and have since returned in a different position.

In any case, I hope you are able to get in to see the NS soon and find out what your options are. Keep us posted!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.