advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Flare ups

Comments

• Lili, have you tried any relaxation at all? I gather you have young children, so that isn't the easiest thing to do, but it might be worth your while during really bad flare-ups. If you can put a relaxation CD in or find a guided meditation video on YouTube and find a quiet place to lay down for a half hour or so doing nothing but listening and deep breathing, you might at least get some temporary relief. It tends to loosen up some muscles and help relax the body.

Just another thought!

Tracy

P.S. John - you are so kind and thoughtful in your responses.
  • Tracy, I used to do more meditation and relaxation techniques but have stopped recently. Thank you for bringing this up! Before surgery, I was meditating because of the horrible pain and dizziness I was experiencing everyday. My girls are home for winter break, so that probably adds to the stress. I will try to meditate tonight to see if that will help.

John, I truly appreciate your responses. You are absolutely right about not giving up the fight for improvement. If I didn't have that hope, I don't think I could keep going. It's always that little hope for less pain even for a few hours of the day that keeps us in the right mind set.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • advertisement
  • I always have a list of treatment options that I haven't tried, and that is what keeps me going. I've had doctors assume that I 'think I can become pain-free', but that is not the case; I think there are options out there that will REDUCE my pain, so why would I not pursue them?

Keep your chin up!

Tracy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • My flare is still there and I have no idea when it's going away. I'm getting a new MRI in an hour or so to see if anything new has happened in my neck since surgery. I'm really tired of this pain...
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.