In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Hello from Oregon

edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I'm pretty familiar with the health care system, but I'm looking for information to pass on to my father who has been diagnosed with osteoarthritis (which apparently is hereditary in our family) and a slipped or spinal disc herniation. That way he knows what to expect when he gets into a discussion about medicines and treatments with his general practitioner.

Looks like a good community!



  • Percy-

    Hello and welcome to Spine Health!

    Since your dad has two different conditions, I suggest he see a rheumatologist for his osteoarthritits. Rheumatologists speciaize in treating arthritis (which includes over 100 different conditions).

    I also suggest he see a neurosurgeon for his herniated disc. Some people feel that an orthopedic surgeon can treat a herniated disc. However, I have had 2 surgeries for herniated discs by a neurosurgeon on the advice of my internist's former associate.

    The results from the 2 surgeries I had were very good. Good luck to your dad.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.