advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Management

hwhetstonhhwhetston Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I am 25 years old just diagnosed with DDD about a month ago. I have been in chronic pain for about 6 years. I received my first steroid injection on my left side L4, L5 3 weeks ago. My second was on my right side L4, L5 last week. The first injection took away my nerve pain and numbness in my legs. The second one was a different experience. I can't stand or sit without being in pain. I work sales and I am not able to work more than 3 times a week because I can't stand the pain. I having starting aquatic therapy and hopefully starting physical therapy at the end of this month. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on other treatments that have helped. I am tired of being in pain. I don't want laying in bed to be my only option.
advertisement

Comments

• You should try visiting a physical therapists. They may have programs that will suit you.
  • Hi, I'm 29 and like you have DDD in L4-L5. I found out about it over a year ago by way of an mri. I always been plagued with back problems. I find pilates is great for my back. It help builds up your core muscles and also strengthens your back. If I was you I would give it a go.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.