advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain post acdf fully fused

Hi
I am 12 weeks post acdf c4-7. The doctor told me I am fully fused but still healing. I do get a little neck pain But really have more trapezius pain and upper middle of my back. The neck pain seems to be when I hold my Head in one position for a few minutes. Also have trouble finding a good position for sleeping. Anyone else have these pains?
advertisement

Comments

• Look around the forums and what you are experiencing is pretty common. Are you taking a good muscle relaxer? Also you can try some massage therapy to see if they can loosen some of the muscles up. Don't forget your daily stretches and proper diet, to keep your body very hydrated. I know it sounds silly, but those are some of the things that help best. of course there is always the good old ice and heat. You can try using them together one on the front side and one on the back side. I would bet your doing more and more each day, and it is still normal for your body to be sore, it is adjusting to the fusion, and the new movements you have to make. Vitamin D can also help with sore muscles as B does for nerve pain. Good luck and congrats on being fully fused. Sounds like your doing well in your recovery.
  • I had a two level ACDF on May 10th, and I'm really hoping to hear that I am fused at my next appointment on the twentieth. Congratulations!
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.