There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

please help im in so much pain

I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, 2 disc bulges, and spinal stenosis. There's more. But I shall get to the recent. I was admitted into hospital by ambulance last night with a ruptured disc. I can't think straight I hurt so much. My knees are killing me, my hips and butt are numb and tingling, my back is in so much pain. These symptoms are all day everyday. Its been two years since I worked, I've been denied Ssi 5 times for my age and work history. I can't take care of myself or two kids. Everyone I used to know is gone. I don't have mom or dad or anyone. I'm really hating my body and my life. What do I do. I have no insurance. I just got done being Homeless for a year on the street with my kids. My son has Psychiatric problems at 7 and is on Disability. Its just so much pain in everything every part of my life has changed. I'm so alone


  • Shanna, I'm so sorry for your situation.I understand your pain except I dont have a ruptured disk but 4 bulging disk,2 w/desiccatioin and foraminal stenosis at l4-5,l5-s1 and djd in the same and a pinched nerve at l4-5.I have had 2 cervical surgeries with a plate over 3 disk and a decomp for nerves where they went through the back.I have found that there are many people on this forum that have been through so much and I feel like this is where I can really be me.I will be praying for you and your children.
    Kim Mathison
  • Hi Shanna. I'm very sorry for what you are going through. Pain I understand, although I am not in as bad a situation as you are right now, being without support or able to get the help you and your kids need. I don't have the answer, but the first thought I had when I read your post was a church. Perhaps there is a non-denominational church you could contact and speak with a pastor. Like I said, I don't have the answers, but God certainly comes to mind when I hear your story. I, too, will be praying for you and your kids.
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,772
    edited 10/19/2012 - 6:35 PM
    Department of public health caseworker and requested food stamps, temporary shelter (section 8 housing) etc. The state tends to be much more allowable with single moms with kids and can usually finds state funds - public aid - resources available. Your sons status must have you in the system for some forms of benefits. Keep pounding on their door .... the squeeqy wheel gets the assistance.

    Good luck .... been down theese paths myself before,

Sign In or Join Us to comment.