advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Recovery

Did anyone have some numbness in the foot and leg pain for awhile after their lumbar spinal fusion
Decompression surgery? hoping that it will go away... it has been 3 weeks for me. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Yes, I still have numbness in the foot (top & ball of foot) after 3 months (see my profile for details). Takes a while for the nerve to regenerate. Hope it's not permanent.
    Hope your leg pain is manageable and in control.
  • Apologies, should have welcomed you in previous post.
  • advertisement
  • Yes I still have numbness in my left foot. I have had five lumbar surgeries. Its been four years since my first surgery and my foot has been numb ever since. I did have a little leg pain after each surgery but it gradually went away, neurosurgeon says it the nerves being angry. Welcome to spine health, I'm sure you will plenty of info on this website, it is very informative.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.