advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

back surgery help!!!!

hi all i am new here, i have been diagnose with l4 schwannoma/benign tumor measuring 1.5cm diam
i have never had an operation before and i have my pre op in 9 days before the op i am so stressed i can not sleep,
my symptoms have been slightly numb right leg and pain not really bad but not pleasent.

the thought of someone cutting em open taking a part of my bone out and playing around with my nerves scares me plus i can not find out anything to do with recovery. my the surgeon i will be lieing flat for the first day and should be able to walk up stairs onthe second and maybe out on the third if all is well. but i am reading that people take ages to recover. i am only 36 have two young kids and a wife and just like everyones input please.

shall i do it.
what can i expect.
etc

thank you all for you time
thanks andreas
advertisement

Comments

• welcome you have come to the right place.I am having back surgery March 13 and i am also afraid, but since i came on this site 5 wks ago ,i have learned so much.You should come on March buddies site .There is alot of us having surgery in March.We support each other before and after surgery.I suggest you read the posts and you will find someone that is having the same thing done.Good luck and calm down you need to be strong .You can do this .Kathy
    Kathy B
  • where do i find that?
    thanks andreas
  • advertisement
  • You found us! :D And I see that your date is March 13th. I just asked on the other thread... :D Welcome to the forums!
Sign In or Join Us to comment.