advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Low back pain in the morning

Good morning, I have had 4 low back surgeries since I was in my 30's now in my 50's,in the last year I have had problems in the mornings with pain it takes 3-4 hrs just to get mobile by noon I'm exhasted from trying to control pain I'm on meds but I don't work so I would rather not use them as how they make me feel,I have a question does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to control/handle the pain? Also have a nerostimulation implant that helps a bit but not as much as we hoped
Thanks for reading Pat
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear of your morning pain.
    I too have issues in the morning, but by adjusting my scs I am able to get up and slowly begin my day. How long have you had your implant and do you play with the settings? I use my stimulator 24/7 and am constantly making adjustments throughout the day. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with my controller in my hand because I adjusted my scs in my sleep.
    Good luck and let me know if things get better.

Larry
  • How long have you had your stimulator? What is wrong with it? I am curious, I was struggling a little with mine and asked to see a different medtronic representative, that made all the difference.
  • advertisement
  • Hi
    Ive had mine for a year now I find it helps minimal it just takes my mind off the pain but thats all still use it once in awhile but find myself being very careful as I can shock myself
  • lbfrndflllbfrndfl Posts: 37
    edited 05/15/2013 - 9:24 AM
    It may be to your benefit to get with your scs rep. and go over all of your units settings.
  • Hi,just a quick note contacted the rep and was told I may be one of the people this wont help I knew it was a 50/50 chance I was hoping for the positive but not to be
  • advertisement
  • Hi unfortunatly Im in canada and a small city and we dont have pain mgt doctors just general practioners,we have tried all the variations of the stimulator so life goes on
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.