advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

RA spondylisthesis, retrolisthesis and SSI disibilty possibilties

I have been struggling with severe RA with spondylisthesis of lower back, have cervical fusions of C3,4 & 5 and pins in my right shoulder. RA in itself is horrible and has wrecked my life. I haven't worked in three years and my pride and fear has been preventing me from applying social security benefits. I am all ways in pain, extremely tired all the time can't do anything my life has drastically changed for the worst. I used to very active fish, hunt, golf and all that is gone. I'm 53 year old male now and so depressed. Has anyone experienced this or has advice please help.

Severely Depressed
Ben
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,772
    this thread has good discussions about ssd

https://forum.veritashealth.com/mind-body-and-spirit/health-insurance-issues/social-security-disability-do-you-have-it-were-yo

your situations sound similar to mine.

best regards,

d
  • I have RA too and had back surgery march 13th. I couldn't walk last week and thought is was my back.I went to surgeon and he said its my RA. I had to get a cortisone shot in my hip.I wasn't too happy.I have gotton Remicade infusions for 3 yrs and because of my surgery ,I havnt had one since jan.I just made an appointment to start up again . I get them every 4 wks.They really make a difference.Have you ever tried Remicade?I have a cleaning business and I hope I will be able to work again.This is a very depressing desease.I refuse to let it get me. I try everything that works. My grandmother got it at 19 and she spent 50 yrs bedridden.They didn't have the drugs back then like today.Please don't give up there is so many drugs that work for RA.You can fight this.You can pm me if you like kathy
    Kathy B
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.