advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Steps to getting treatment for chronic back pain

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,974
edited 01/05/2015 - 10:10 AM in Chronic Pain
this super work done by sandi is now included in our faq... please look at https://forum.veritashealth.com/pain/chronic-pain/chronic-pain-treatment-step-step for the formal version

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• Kiki48KKiki48 Posts: 194
    edited 05/31/2013 - 5:03 PM
    sandi said:
    got the MS run around , multiple MRI's and a two brain scans at one point after my first surgery, when my surgeon didn't want to deal with what he did to me after my first surgery. He tried very hard to convince me that I had suddenly developed MS, and one of the other surgeons that I saw for a consult did the same.......thankfully for me, nothing showed up in the MRI's through the cervical or thoracic areas, nor in the brain MRI's.........but they had me worried for a while.
    I understand all too well what it's like when things continue to worsen or new problems develop and there are no clear answers or directions in which to go...
    So we all do need to be our own advocate, and push when things aren't being resolved or given some direction in which to look next....
    It's frustrating and frightening,because we know all too well how we functioned before, and then we are left with things happening that cause more concern, and the doctors can't seem to connect the dots....so , I guess the point of my saying all of this is not to give up, and it might just take a trip to JH or Mayo, or some major teaching hospital but there are answers out there for you, just as there were for me....I didn't like the answer but at least I finally got it..
    Hang in there, and don't give up....
    Sandi
    I'

Sandi, it must be so frutstrating to be misdiagnosed and that your surgeon didn't want to deal what he had done to you...Wow!! Not to mention how frightened it was for you. That's so great that you finally got the answer... and how you than understand that doctors can't always connect the dots....I know too how frustrating that can get. Again I'm so happy you found the true reason for your difficulties regarding your spine. And you are getting the treatment you from the docs you know have. You are an inspiration. Plus because you didn't like the answer you got you kept looking for the help and the true reason. Good of you to share..

Kiki

Kiki
    XXOO
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.