In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Disc protrusion

i was told that i have a protruding mri report says it says that it is minimally affects the
thecal sac without foraminal encroachment.
from what i gather this means that its NOT affecting the nerves or is it?? i have called my dr to have him go over my MRI results and he doesnt seemed to concerend all he does is calls in more Meds..wonder if i need another opinion?
someone mentioned a ortho dr? i have pretty bad back ,leg /foot , vaginal and groin pain!!.
hes got me on tramol and now daypro?
neither 1 of them are doing anything..:( hes recommeding PT so i guess im heading in that direction..

god only gives you as much as you can handle!


  • If you are in pain and the medications your PCP has used (along with a little time) doesn't help you then you do need to make an appointment with a spine specialist. He can go over the MRI and order specific PT for your issues.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.