advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Hi, I'm Indigo and I have v. large sequestrated disc prolapse at L5/S1

indigoiindigo Posts: 3
edited 09/07/2013 - 2:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone.

I hope I have found the right place. There seems to be a lot of material to read through. It's taken me a few weeks to get comfy enough to use lap top as it hurts like hell to sit down. I'm currently in the cobra position which is fine for a little while but then most of the time I'm standing up in the kitchen with my lap top on top of the bread bin. It's great I've found an alternative use to the bread bin as I've never used it till now.

So, I'm wondering if anyone who's had a v.large sequestrated disc prolapse at L5/S1 with degenerative spondy at L4/5 has managed to get better without resorting to surgery? The pain is pretty excruciating at times and the most positive side effect is losing over a stone in weight. I was 70 kg and now down to 62kg. I've had this nearly 2 months. I've been taking tramadol and gabapentin for the pain and I've tried an epidural which was costly and wasn't successful, to date. I had it done 9 days ago so I suppose there's still hope it might trickle through, but I doubt it. I tried some gentle traction yesterday and it seemed ok at the time but when I tried to drive I was crying in agony. Today, the pain feels slightly better but I'm always on red alert for when I should be reaching for the tramadol. I've been put forward for another epidural, this time on the NHS. Not sure why, if it didn't work the first time.

I do a sedentary office job and not been able to go in lately as it's just too much for me to sit down for any length of time and I feel as though I'm doing more harm than good. I have ordered an Ergotron sit/work stand station attachment to go on to my desk. Has anyone ever heard of that? It seems to have had good reviews on Amazon.

I'm going on a 5 hour flight on Wednesday which I'm dreading. So if anyone has any tips on how to get through it, please let me know.

Thanks and I hope to write more and spend more time on here when I'm up to it.

Indigo x
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.