advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stenosis and Disability

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    edited 10/21/2015 - 1:34 AM
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Yes. You are not alone.
    I have shared experience, not only with Doctor response, but with my response to doctor.
    For me, trying to be good patient...and then choosing a time to..well, like challenge his order for me.
    I had to learn to better stand up for myself more consistently.

Also, I know the trial and try again of pain management can be crazy making at times. Please be patient.

It seems as though you let it pass at first appointment when Doctor did not give you script for Vicodin.
    And then for subsequent visits, he brushed you off...?

Does that mean he ignored your reminder of Vicodin? Refused it? Knew you were without pain relief those months?
    I don't see noted how many months you were then without pain relief, before he wanted you on tramadol....?

Or did he allow you to continue some sort of pain med that your previous PM doc ordered?
    But now wants you on tramadol?
    Did you take script and try tramadol again?

Depending on how long ago you were on a medication, Doctor may want to try it again.
    My Doctor wanted to see for himself what the issues were, what relief or symptoms I had or didn't have, from a med I was on previously.
    I don't know how, but it helps him in figuring out what is best for me, by what pain remains or changes and .....I don't know what all.

It may be good to kind of start again with your PM. When he says something about med change, and forgets or brushes you off, before you leave appointment, I would remind him again, and if necessary, ask him to explain why he said would prescribe and now changed his mind.
    If you feel ignored, to politely bring up topic again..maybe saying you need further explanation for understanding.

It is so difficult while trying to manage pain within our body, but we need that extra effort to speak up for ourselves.

Sue
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• advertisement
  • Backtoliving.62BBacktoliving.62 Posts: 1
    edited 12/05/2015 - 12:54 PM
    sandi said:
    is totally dependent upon the symptoms of the patient, and the findings of the exams, and imaging studies....from the sounds of the original posters remarks, it sounds like he has some bilateral foraminal stenosis, but does not say what degree, mild, moderate or severe.....congenital canal stenosis is a completely different animal in the effects that it can have on the body's functions and ability to walk.
    If it is a case of mild stenosis in the foramen for the OP, then the large majority of surgeons are not going to offer surgery unless there is some debilitating neurological or mechanical symptoms and from his post, it doesn't appear to be the case.
    Margi
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue

• I am herniated on every level according to my recent MRI my doctor read it and looked at me and said Wow you are basically herniated on every level due to car accidents and basically a lot of climbing telephone poles and digging ditches for 30 years I am taking muscle relaxers using Butrans patches and lyrica for nerve pain I'm thinking about applying for disability because frankly it is sometimes impossible for me to even stand if I do something stupid like squat I'm 54 years old and it is not fun to take 5 to 6 medication just to get up and go to work everyday.
  • advertisement
    edited 01/07/2016 - 9:30 AM
    welcome to spine-health
    lease click on link for helpful information!
    Sue

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.