advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Cyst

stenosisRosesstenosisRose Posts: 477
edited 12/08/2013 - 6:09 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Post deleted, duplicate posting is a forum violation
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't had one, but I would suggest that they should biopsy it also. They may already plan to do that but confirm that is the plan. I don't want to worry you, but I want you to make sure everything is covers so you are not worrying "what if" in the future. Have you been having a fever, or headaches along with your pain, if so, make sure you mention it to your Dr. Good Luck!
  • advertisement
  • Are you thinking Meningitis?

I think that is why tgey will be testing the cyst fluids

Thank God no fever or headaches! Just alot of low back pain.

I have an immune deficiency disease and cannot fight off infections well, something like Meningitis would be especially serious for someone with my rare disease.
    Thanks for caring
    Rose
  • that would be evident with a high fever and headaches. I am thinking it is probably a synovial cyst, which is fairly common, and they would most likely be able to tell by the fluid. A biopsy could determine if it could grow and cause more pain or you could develop more cyst.
    Where is your cyst?
  • edited 12/05/2013 - 7:13 PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • I had a synovial cyst removed in '08 that was pressing against my sciatic nerve. They didn't just aspirate it, they removed it. I never heard anything about them examining it afterwards for infection though. In my case, it HAD to be removed because of its location.
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • I requested a copy of my MRI report
    I want to see all in print LOL
    and Necksoup
    You amaze me at the knowledge and research that you have
    Thanks from all of us
    Please keep it coming

Helen3 you are so adorable and sweet, thanks to you, necksoup and my buddies for caring

Hugs and Peppermint Hershey kisses, yummmmm
    Rose
  • Always remember, especially when you are in pain, that we know your pain and truly do care.
    I haven't seen the peppermint hershey kisses, sounds yummy
  • necksoup said:
    Always remember, especially when you are in pain, that we know your pain and truly do care.
    I haven't seen the peppermint hershey kisses, sounds yummy
    I saw them today at big chain pharmacy but they were made with white chocolate. But they had mint truffle ones with "real" chocolate.
    Rose it seems as though you can't catch a break. I hope this new year will be much better for you.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • Check out PID. The Primary Immune Defiency Site if you already haven't.
    Vicki
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.