advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

thoracic discogenic pain

So I think my doctors finally decided on what my actual issues are....thoracic discogenic pain from herniated thoracic discs.

how many of you have pain centrally located in the T-spine without the pain that wraps around?

I have done 2 treatments of prolotherapy without success so far. I am continuning with 2 more to see if it helps....after that I don't know what else to try...I may try again to inquire about surgery.

I don't know or what makes one decide on the surgical route outside of losing use of legs....for me the uncertainty of my outcome is what makes me stressed...the pain is just to constant anymore for me to be stressed out about lol.

advertisement

Comments

• Hi barca,
    I don't think you will find a surgeon prepared to perform traditional thoracic spine surgery until your symptoms indicate spinal cord impingement because the surgery is so long and so complex.
    A growing number of posters have undergone minimally invasive surgery and it may be, in time, the criteria for performing this type of surgery will change to include high level of pain.

Mick
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • I have pain in my thoracic area. It's about between my shoulder blades. I have a Schmorl's Node/Osteochondrosis there. The pain does not wrap around. Often I will just have lower back pain, but my doctor believes this is caused by the problem in the thoracic spine. Sometimes I will just feel pain where the problem actually is. Surgery hasn't been mentioned as an option for me. I cope with physical therapy/hydrotherapy, TENS, codeine, heat, a brace and massage. The doctor thinks I will improve as my back muscles strengthen.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.