advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Getting ready for lumbar fusion surgery

Hi everyone! I'm a new member here...my name is Denise and I currently live in Vero Beach, Florida. I have been tested and evaluated and it's been agreed upon that I am going to need a two level fusion, L4-s1. One surgeon suggested TLIF with XLIF and another OLIF with XLIF. Does anyone have experience with these techniques? I was a former athlete, gymnastics, swimming and diving and now at 49 years old, it's all caught up to me. Unfortunately over the past few years my back pain has kept me from exercising, so I am overweight. I miss moving around, running and going to the gym. I am actually looking forward to a successful surgery so I can get back to good health. I forgot to mention that I also have unstable spondylolisthesis, DDD and facet joint disease. I am so happy to have found this site and I look forward to interacting with all of you. Have a nice day!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.