advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

newbie vertebral haemangioma

Hi, I'm Philip. just starting out here on this forum. My first post was a reply on someone elses post, but I need info please? I am 44 years old and had my first back op in 2007. The L5/S1 disc leaked fluid and it was sealed. In 2009 , with the second op, they removed part of the L5/S1 disc. Now, 5 years later, I have been in pain for 3 weeks and am walking like the Hunchback of Notre Damme. I had an MRI taken yesterday and this is the findings, please explain if possible:
1. Evidence of vertebral haemangioma, high on T2, subtle on T1, noticed on L4 and L2 vertebral bodies. On the STIR it shows high signal. It measures 8 mm in diameter. Conus medularis ends at L1 level.
2. T11 and T12 shows mild height height loss.
3. Disc bulges noted on L4/L5 andL5/S1.
4. Loose sequestrated disc noted on L5/S1 level, 5mm in diameter.
5. L3/L4 - mild ligamentum flavum thickening
6. L4/L5 - circumferential broad based disc bulge. Moderate spinal stenosis. Central disc protrusion with indentation on anterior thecal sac.

Please explain comments and possible future options.

Philip Klynsmith
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,694
    there is nobody on the forum qualified to interpret a mri or offer formal advice, it will be based on personal experiences i hope these links help ...

https://forum.veritashealth.com/announcements/spine-health-announcements/mri-reports-why-we-cant-advise

welcome message

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • jennyjaxxjjennyjaxx Posts: 1
    edited 03/01/2014 - 7:09 AM
    Hi, i'm jen and I am a newbie here. I am 46 years old and about 2 and a half years ago was diagnosed with grade 3 anterolisthesis (L5 on S1), secondary to bilateral L5 spondylolysis. Although the condition has slightly worsened since the diagnosis, I am relatively pain-free except for a weird sensation that feels like my spine is shifting or moving on its own. The only way I can describe it is like a knuckle cracking or a loose joint shifting. I am very active and work out 3-4 times a week. I am careful to avoid exercises that worsen my condition. Workouts almost never cause me any pain. But what worries me is simple things like getting out of my car or standing up out of my (crappy) chair at work are where I feel this shifting sensation the most.
    Anybody out there feel me?
    -jennyjaxx.808
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.