advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Big deal out of nothing?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Pickle
Age 44
Elementary Teacher
ESI 2/28/14, PT, chiro, etc.
L3/4 PLIF and extensive laminectomy 6/4/14
advertisement

Comments

• Your symptoms sound very similar to what mine were. I started everyday with 800 mg of ibuprofen (not that it helped all that much), couldn't walk any distance, wasn't able to do my favorite thing - shopping!, sitting and lying down were the only things I could do comfortably. I have a 5 year old grandson and I couldn't get down on the floor to play with him or play in the yard like he would ask me to do when he came over. I finally couldn't take it anymore and I didn't want him to grow up remembering how his grandpa ran and played with him while his grandma just sat in the chair. I went thru the ESI's without even a tiny bit of relief, never was prescribed PT, had the MRI and went back to the neurosurgeon that I used in 2008 for a synovial cyst. He told me I could have the surgery now or risk damaging the nerves forever and make things worse. I opted for the surgery and haven't regretted it. Sure, the recovery was tough, I have bad days here and there, but I was able to take a long walk with my grandson last weekend and that made it totally worth it!

I can't advise you whether or not you should have the surgery, I'm just telling you my story. Good luck with whatever you decide! :-)
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Pickle
    Age 44
    Elementary Teacher
    ESI 2/28/14, PT, chiro, etc.
    L3/4 PLIF and extensive laminectomy 6/4/14
Sign In or Join Us to comment.