advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

WHY IS NS SENDING ME TO PM AT 4 1/2 MO POST A/PLIF?

Comments

• mcjimjammmcjimjam Posts: 304
    edited 03/25/2014 - 7:13 PM
    By mentioning "narcotic abuse" are you implying that the original poster is abusing her meds? Otherwise, I cannot see how it is relevant to this thread. What grounds do you have for that accusation? Without any evidence I think this qualifies as a personal attack. Many of your posts seem to be character assassinations by implication. I suppose you have been told off for directly saying what you mean, so now you imply it. There's not much difference between bending the rule, and breaking it. The person in your crossfire still feels hurt and attacked. I just wonder why a person would be so antagonistic and hostile in a support forum. Do you only want to receive support, and give back hate in return?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • advertisement
  • LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 169
    edited 03/29/2014 - 7:40 AM
    I wanted to share my experience for my first PM assessment. I was nervous and hesitant about going to PM but I think that was mostly due to ignorance and lack of education on the matter. I also associated PM with drug seekers and/or abusers. Little did I know about PM on a whole body and psychological aspect. From the beginning, I was set at ease with the clerical staff & medical asst that interviewed me before talking with the Dr. The secretary at my NS's office did not send much of the needed imaging/lab/surgical reports, so I had to go through every little detail about my fracture and so on. He explained all my options at this this time of my recovery and was sure I was a perfect fit for the medication program. I pretty much have PTSS from past spinal injects and ablations. He totally understood my fears but gave me every option I willing to try. He did not think I was taking too much medication EDITED in fact he said I was considered to be on the lower end of pain control medication wise. He has already contacted a "compounding pharmacy" to have a customized topical gel for my knees and back area that when massaged into the effected area for 2 minutes works amazingly better than anything you could buy otc. He also prescribed a tranquilizer/muscle relaxant type of med to be take at bedtime so I won't constantly wake up during the night, which I have been doing since my surgery. He said I could also take it with my valium without hesitation.
    He told me to expect being on medications for as long I needed them whether it be a few months or years. Pain does change in different ways as we age and he will adjust my med regimen as needed. I feel so much better and relieved to have him really hear me and work with me in whichever way works the best for me as an individual. I am relieved and look forward to being cared for by this facility. I thought it be intimidating and they would push me to have procedures done that I did not want to do (been there done that). Make sure to research your PM thoroughly. It could have been a place I envisioned (judgmental, having you do tests you don't want to do, etc). I guess I lucked out and I believe I am going to thrive here. My next appt is with an NP and psych evaluator for medication group enrollment; two hours worth of interviewing. Can't wait to start.
    "We have one type of problem prior to fusion only to have another type of problem after fusion".
    LeeLee

EDITED to remove antagonistic /inappropriate comment
    4.04 The moderators reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • So glad to hear your first appointment went well, LeeLee. I am in the process of being referred to a PM for the first time and am quite nervous. Hearing your experience has made me feel better :)
  • advertisement
  • Thanks Sandy. I got my referral this evening so will call and book the appointment tomorrow.
  • LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 169
    Good luck mcjimjam. I hope you are as optimistic as I now am with what Pain Management can do for you. Please let me know how you do and what you think of your specific PM doc and facility in general.
    LeeLee : )
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.