advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hobbies?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • advertisement
  • Hope3HHope3 Posts: 1,335
    edited 04/26/2014 - 11:51 AM
    Hi
    I read your post and picked up on fishing. What kind
    of fishing do you like? I am a big time fishermen/women.
    I fly fish the rivers and streams of Utah, well anyway up till about 2 years
    ago things changed. When I was fishing it was doing it and paying for
    it for about a week after but boy it was worth it. There is nothing like getting
    out there away from the city, smells of the mountains, animals, just all
    of it. Now they go without me but I am hoping to get back to it if at all
    possible and it might be in a boat but that is fine by me. I get so down when
    they leave me behind but I don't want them to stay here with me that would
    only make me feel guilty.
    I hope you can get back to that I know how I feel hard to replace that hobby.
    Sherri
  • Compared to y'all, I think I might be a bit boring lol...I tried to learn to play the guitar, I could never push the strings hard enough though & gave it up. I love listening to Acoustic guitar songs. Sandi, how are your lessons coming along? What kind of music are you wanting to learn to play? The piano is another beautiful sounding instrument. McJimJam, how are your lessons progressing? Elton John, I think, is my favorite piano player. I did learn 2 songs on the keyboard several years ago, Amazing Grace and Love Me Tender. That was the extent of my music playing days, but I do love listening. I'm on of those people I listen to every single word and if I like a song, I have to know the meaning behind it and why it was written. One song in particular is called, "I Drive You Truck" by Lee Brice. It a song about a father missing his son, who was killed in Afghanastian while trying to save a fellow soldier. When asked, during an interview, on Memorial weekend last year how this father planned to commemorate his son on Memorial Day? He simply replied, "I'm going to drive his truck" The rest is history. If you have not heard this song, even if you do not like country music, I suggest you listen to the words of this one, it is beautifully written. Other than being a self proclaimed connoisseur of music, I like to sketch pretty much anything, I like to read, love to watch old movies (some recent ones too), I sew, I like to take long drives in the country with my husband and take black and white pictures of country things, i.e. old barns, cattle, fields, creeks, people, anything country. I also love growing, planting and repotting and taking care of plants and I like to decorate, I'm currently entertaining the idea of a black and white bedroom, just not sure I'm up to putting a fresh coat of paint on my bedroom walls just yet.
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 510
    edited 04/26/2014 - 12:50 PM
    Fish!!! I love deep fried catfish and walleye!!
  • I have never fished outside of Utah and would love to fish somewhere like that.
    Everyone says how great Bass is to eat and yet never tried it but eat a ton
    of trout. We have Bass here in Utah and if things go right I am going to go
    out and try that. Big problem in Utah is everyone is moving in here and ruining
    all the fishing that used to be peaceful time. Maybe we should start up a
    recipe post I need some simple ideas and new ones to try or be rich enough
    to hire someone Ha Ha.
    Sherri
    Sherri
  • Why is everyone moving to Utah? What kinds of recipes are you looking for? You could start an "easy and quick recipe ideas for spiney's" post. ;-) Actually, it sounds like a good idea to me!!!
  • Utah is said to be one of the happiest, safest place to raise a family.
    The thing is in the last 10 years this state has grown beyond words, they are
    packing in houses, apartments and businesses by the hundreds. It is
    sad to see all the beautiful country being sucked up by development.
    We used to drive a half hour and be into excellent fishing but now
    forget that, you are lucky to find a stream or river without someone
    in front or behind you. But it is happening everywhere out west so
    you just have to accept it right. It used to be a beautiful place but
    they are destroying it money and more money.
    I just want some good ideas for any kind of cooking like Crock pot, fish, salads if
    they are easy. Cooking is a hard part of the day, I don't have anyone
    to do it so it has gone south. So I think I will start that post thanks for the idea.
    Sherri
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.