advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hobbies?

Comments

• Thanks Susan
    I don't know why maybe it's a combination of things but this old brain has a hard time
    navigating around the Forums and posts.
    Food has never been important to me and now at my age I could care less a salad
    is alright by me. My Hubby does not cook and ends up heating up a T.V. dinner or
    whatever takes no effort.
    Have a good as possible day.
    Sherri
  • I'm with you, forget the post,"cooking with a bad back" and all those little "tips and tricks" that will just end up causing you more pain if you are really hurting, like you, I will just have a salad too w/a few club crackers & a glass of ice tea ;-)

Here, in KY, the weather is getting so very nice!! 80 today. My husband loves to grill, sooooo, there is one of my "tips & tricks, let'em grill. Men love to grill ;-)

I don't know about you, but if I stood or even sat long enough to cut up a bag of carrots, onions and peppers for future use, I would have to go lay down afterwards, probably for the rest of the day lol.

Sherri, I hope you can manage to have less pain today than you did yesterday.

P.S Another easy recipe for all us spineys--1 loaf of bread, 1 pound of bologna, 1 jar of mustard, 1 bag of chips (optional)
    "Tip & Trick" Let each prepare their own bologna sandwich & ask'em to bring you one on their way outta the kitchen. :-)
  • advertisement
  • Ha ha ha ;-) I have to confess I've resorted to buying frozen healthy meals from the local farmers market & health food shop. I'm with you, I used to love to cook with a nice cold glass of wine or 2 but those days are pretty much over for me..I need to feed my family without tears cascading & having to collapse with my 'rescue pack'! We need to let our pain levels dictate what we can do on a daily basis. I'll cripple myself for a special occasion but not everyday! My husband is a computer super geek..he's nearly grasped the advanced, rocket science of pressing a couple of buttons on the microwave. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Growing up I loved fishing for trout in the streams and lakes of Arizona's high country. Have been fishing off Rhode Island for Blue Fish, and Hawaii for Tuna and MahiMahi but my favorite was shark fishing off of San Diego. My step mother isn't very adventurous when it comes to eating but she does like Halibut. I caught a blue shark and had it steaked out like a halibut steak and grilled it so it wasn't easy to tell what it was. She got half way through with it and looked at me and said "this isn't Halibut, is it?" She liked it until she knew what it was.
    I also haven't been fishing off the Gulf but would love to.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014, pseudo arthrosis suspected 2017, diagnosed  2019.  Revision C6/C7 pending. Multiple ruptured discs lumbar, l2-s1.
  • davrunner said:
    Growing up I loved fishing for trout in the streams and lakes of Arizona's high country. Have been fishing off Rhode Island for Blue Fish, and Hawaii for Tuna and MahiMahi but my favorite was shark fishing off of San Diego. My step mother isn't very adventurous when it comes to eating but she does like Halibut. I caught a blue shark and had it steaked out like a halibut steak and grilled it so it wasn't easy to tell what it was. She got half way through with it and looked at me and said "this isn't Halibut, is it?" She liked it until she knew what it was.
    I also haven't been fishing off the Gulf but would love to.
    Dave, I wanna go fishing with you!!!! One of my favorite ways of fishing was to help set trot lines all the way across the river, (yea I'm a country gurl) :-) anyway one of my favorite things was to help set the lines in the evening (while fighting off spiders and mosquitos) anyway, you let the line lay in the river all nite & go back the next morning and run the line. I LOVED knowing that there were catfish on the lines. I also liked dangle line fishing & taking a rod n reel, with some bait and just go sit on a dock and fish for bluegill. My favorite fish is still walleye.

One of the best places to fish here in Kentucky is Lake Cumberland, lots of walleye. There is also Cave Run, I'm about 20 minutes or so from it...I think we all need a fishing trip-some of us sound like we could easily be talked into it. Anyone had a bass boat?? I think Ron said he had a pontoon boat, that will work if he will let us borrow it ;-)
  • advertisement
  • EnglishGirl said:
    Ha ha ha ;-) I have to confess I've resorted to buying frozen healthy meals from the local farmers market & health food shop. I'm with you, I used to love to cook with a nice cold glass of wine or 2 but those days are pretty much over for me..I need to feed my family without tears cascading & having to collapse with my 'rescue pack'! We need to let our pain levels dictate what we can do on a daily basis. I'll cripple myself for a special occasion but not everyday! My husband is a computer super geek..he's nearly grasped the advanced, rocket science of pressing a couple of buttons on the microwave. ;-)

And that big rectangular box in the kitchen, with the 2 doors is where all the cold items are kept. ;-) Last nite our supper was sooooo simple, we had beans and franks with cheese n crackers--yea, I know it may not go together but, its what we did--we also had some bread & butter pickels. (I LOVE BREAD N BUTTER PICKLES) PICKLES, PICKLES PICKLES!!!!! Maybe my screen name should have been MissPickles lol???
  • One great thing to do is live off other people's experiences if you can't do them yourself. I find youtube is great for that. You pick any hobby/activity and people have made videos on their experiences.
  • I love YouTube! I use it to research new hobbies, watch music etc. My iPad is the greatest gift I've had. I can lay & use it no matter how much my backs playing-up!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.