advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

new and help!

twizttwiz Posts: 6
edited 03/30/2014 - 1:56 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello all!

I was in a accident 6 weeks ago. MRI results last week showed 1 bulging and 1 herniated disc in the neck, 1 herniated disc in middle back, and yet one more in the lower back. There is nerve impingement as well. I'm overwhelmed with both the pain and information. I am at a complete loss as to what I do next. I'm terrified of what this means for the rest of my life. I have always held a very active lifestyle and jobs.

Since the accident I have been seeing a chiropractor (no manual adjustments yet), and a wonderful massage therapist (the only thing that gives me a short bit of relief from the pain). Nsaids and tylenol have not worked. I have not taken anything stronger yet due to being oversensitive to things like muscle relaxers and pain medication. I may change my mind and give them a go soon, as my pain is now causing nausea at times.

Here are a few specific questions:
*what kind of dr do I see next?
*can I start pt soon?
*am I looking at pain for the rest of my life?
*is it possible, in time to get back to regular activities (climbing, biking, etc)?
*how long does it take for the severe pain to reduce so I can do things like take out the trash or sit on my couch?
*I'm told its ok to do things, despite the pain. But the pain is unbearable at times. Comments on when you should rest and when you grin and bear it.

I'm really scared about this...and my future.

Thanks for any information or encouragement you can offer.
advertisement

Comments

• Is it better to start with a surgeon, even though surgery is the absolute last thing I would do? Why?

It was an MRI, read by a radiologist and explained to me by a P.A. and chiropractor.

Good thing to know about the manipulation. It is not something I want to have done anyway.

I will look over the links. Thanks!
Sign In or Join Us to comment.