advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

New, but the story is old

Sadly, I searched for this forum and found it.

I am 45 and have had numerous (too often debilitating) back issues since I was 16 and got trampled during a soccer game. Always hoping youth and strength would prevail, I became a firefighter (using my spine and back muscles in ways that are not healthy,) later doing a great deal of physical labor only to be followed by a couple of bad falls (slides) down stairs (riding my back like I was on a luge.)

Until recently, I have never been diagnosed with anything worse that a sprain or muscle spasm. I have seen a Chiropractors, Orthopedists, and a neurosurgeon, not to mention my GP who is always ready with a prescription pad. I have done this for 30 years. I said recently because I now have 4 bulging disks, one being L2 which is causing horrendous sciatic pain.

My back is a mess, but I have another concern in that my sister and her back. She has very similar issues. She has chosen the surgical route 5 times, including a stimulator implant, with no positive results. She will have her 6th surgery in May, a spinal fusion. She is only 42.

I am not a fan of surgery. For now I am using TENS, NSAIDS and other non-invasives.
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.