advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Morphine

limetreellimetree Posts: 28
edited 04/10/2014 - 11:20 AM in Pain Medications
The doc has changed my meds yet again took me off tramadol & im now on 2 lots of morphine tablets twice a day & oral but to be honest I don't think it's working.Yesterday I was stuck in bed eventually got out & down the stairs which took forever & the pain was HELL !!!! I felt like my lower back was going to snap so I took a top up of the oral morphine 3 times & still no pain relief apart from crashing out on the sofa for nearly 2 hrs fast asleep.It also makes me feel very groggy & I can't seem to think straight at times.Im fed up of all this pain & all these pills my life sucks & im so depressed,stressed & sad
Limetree
advertisement

Comments

• That was a huge jump your dr took with you to take you from tramadol directly to morphine, there were lots of drugs in between that maybe you could have responded to. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 lots of morphine or when you said, "I took a top up of the oral morphine 3 times" also, are you taking IR or ER morphine?? Either way you have to be careful and take as prescribed, that is dangerous. All I can do is tell you my experience with it: I took 15 mg ER (extended release) only 2 times a day--since it was extended release it took a couple days to get in my system before it started to work and before I felt the benefits of it....it does not work like IR (instant release) pain medications. And it did make me sleepy for a couple days and then that wore off once my body became adjusted to it...Please, follow the directions on the bottle and take them exactly as prescribed, NEVER EVER take more than you are supposed to, it can cause you to overdose--remember it does not work like your tramadol or any other IR meds you have tried.

You say you are stressed, depressed and sad, limetree, are you still taking your anti-depressants? Has there been a change in that area? Are you still staying with your mom/mum? If not is there anyone that is able to help you now? Are you still seeing your therapist? Has there been any progress there?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • advertisement
  • Let us know how you are doing when you are feeling up to it. Take care
  • I found that morphine made me very depressed. I asked my doctor to make a change. She switched me to methadone. It seemed to work for me.
    Ginny
  • I have a medication review this month so I will call my docs & get an appointment to discuss the problems with the morphine etc.I am on Zomorph 10 mg 4 times a day & I have oral morphine as a top up but its only a teaspoon I take but it only seems to take the edge of the pain & I wake up in the night & in the morning in a lot of pain.
    Limetree
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.