advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Terrible Pain when Standing

Hello There !

I have been practicing Tango dancing for over 2 year now. And i do alot of torsions and flexions when i dance. I am 29 years old and never had back problems in my life.. Two months ago when i came back from a Tango Ball, i felt irritation in my lower back. Thinking it was muscular problem i thought it would go away. But it became worse day by day. I took and X ray and an MRI. It shows slight reduction in disc size of L4 and L5. I also shows very small listhesis in the L5. I do not have any pain going down my legs. The pain is localised in the lumbar region

I have terrible pain when i stand for more than 3- 4 mins in one position. However walking cause burning sensations when i walk for 100mts. Sitting for extended periods of time causes burning and stabbing pain too. The pain is like a knife being pierced into my back and turned at the same time. I can bend forward, back ward and sides too. The only thing that gives me relief is when i am lying down and there is no weight on the lower back.

My doctor told me that I must have torn a disc but this does not show on the MRI. My question is : Is there a possibility that i have stress fractured a facet joint ?

What can i do to confirm that i havent fractured a facet joint?

Could a torn disc but not herniated cause so much pain when standing ?

Anxiously awaiting reply
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.