advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

SCS or pain pump?

RosenscheinRRosenschein Posts: 1
edited 07/20/2014 - 5:12 AM in Pain Management
I have had minimal invasive spinal surgery twice which both times gave no relief to my back and leg pain. I then had a fusion at L5/S1 in October last year. It is now 9 months since my fusion and the fusion is looking great in X-ray but my back and leg pain is getting worse. My neurosurgeon is talking about implanting a spinal cord stimulator. I am wary of this and was wondering if a pain pump would be better. I am on a lot of medication at the moment and the side effects are really getting to me. I am on Lyrica, Amitryptiline, tramahexal, and an anti imflamitory
I am still struggling with quite significant pain, I can only work for a couple of hours a day and have to spend the rest of the time lying down. I have just turned forty and to think that the next forty years of my life may continue like this is a terrible thought. Will the pain pump give me my life back?
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.