advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

MRI shows reherniation but no pain

I had my 1st microdisectomy on 4th june (7 weeks ago) . i was having 2 bulging disc at Level L4-L5 and L5-S1 and just after the surgery there is just mild pain (1/10), but i'm stiill having numbness in my feet and back of the thigh . Yesterday i did my MRI (7 week post op ) and it shows same herniation at both levels but there is no radiating pain(but i'm still having numbness in my back of right thigh and right feet ) .I'm worried about the MRI report and don't want to go to that situation again .
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,709

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I am sorry about your pain. I am on the East Coast of the US, so for me it is 3:45 in the morning. This is not unusual for me to be up at this time because low back and leg pain wakes me almost every night since I fell in April. I have seen my MRI and it does not suggest a need for surgery. I have herniated disks and DDD and bone spurs on the facet joints. I am glad that you have no radiating pain and it sounds like for the most part you have had success. The numbness in your feet may or may not be a permanent thing. Nerve damage occurs from compression of the nerve and the longer the compression, the more likely that the damage is permanent.. Herniation is not necessarily something that requires surgery. Physical therapy can really help with herniated disks.
    In 2011 I had a diskectomy with fusion in my neck at two levels. I had an additional herniated disk above the fusion, but the doctor felt that it was not serious enough to do surgery. I have had 4 MRI's since then and it has not changed.
    I hope you get good news from your MRI. Welcome to Spine-health
  • advertisement
  • pankajquestppankajquest Posts: 4
    edited 07/26/2014 - 10:08 PM
    thanks for the suggestions .. but MRI shows same reherniation with no lumbar canal stenosis. The same reherniation thing makes me to worry about it.
    Has there been any suggestion from your surgeon?

Liz, 

• Liz said:
    Has there been any suggestion from your surgeon?
    He told me it's a scar tissue but it's in comparative MRI it is same as previous one.
  • advertisement
    edited 07/26/2014 - 10:27 PM

Liz, 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.