advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

disability

MihoneybeeMMihoneybee Posts: 19
edited 08/17/2014 - 6:11 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I am wondering if anyone has been successful in getting approved for SS disability payments for degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis?
advertisement

Comments

• It's not easy. So far I've waited over a year and I'm still 4 months away from getting mine and it's still not a guarantee. My surgeon totally agrees and knows I can no longer work so he will fill out all the form(s) my lawyer needs. Very rarely are you approved on the first try. After my first surgery in 2007 I was denied and worked in horrible pain every day for 4 years until I could work no more. Now after my laminectomy this past Spring (April '2014) I can barely walk or go through a day at home without taking very heavy doses of muscle relaxers. And it does help your case if you have paid into the system. I'm 42 and I've paid quite a bit of money to social security. Our government is strange compared to European countries. But the ones that abuse the system in the U.S. are the ones that ruined it for the rest of us. Good Luck.
    rs
Sign In or Join Us to comment.